Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tiger Lilly

Image may contain: 1 person
Tiger Lilly is a multi award winning indie pop artist from the suburbs of London hailed for her raw and emotive 'heart on her sleeve' lyrics and captivating live performances.

2017 was a rollercoaster of success for Tiger Lilly with her last singe Broken Glass
winning an award for 'Best Pop Song' from the Akademia Music Awards in LA, performing at Tom Kerridges Pub in The Park, opening the family stage PRIDE in London and taking to the main stage at ATLAS Festival supporting the likes of Reef, Toploader, GLC, The Tribe and Fatman Scoop.

Tiger Lilly's music has been aired on numerous radio stations across the world including 7 BBC radio stations and Radio KC.






Image may contain: 1 person, close-upShe has featured in several music and lifestyle publications as well as being broadcast live on BBC Persia TV and several performances during the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Tiger Lilly works tirelessly for mental health awareness:

"When I was 11 yrs old I was told I was "too dark to be Wendy" when we played 'Peter Pan' in the playground. I was only allowed to be ‘Tiger Lilly' because I resembled the character with my long dark hair my mum would plait either side of my olive skin. I would go home and write in my diary whilst crying and listening to music, the emotions were so strong I progressed to poems and then to lyrics, always signing off with 'By Tiger Lilly’."



Image may contain: 1 person, close-up
"I had such a hard time at school and felt very alone and depressed, often I would self harm as I did not know how to cope but I found music and that became my outlet. It made me connect with my feelings and singing gave me an escape to a place where I felt happy. 

I never thought that years later I would become an artist with a message so profound I would want the whole world to know how it feels to have this knowledge.

My goal is to reach 1000's children and adults across the UK and inspire them with my story.

I will travel the country with my 'Music & Mental Health Awareness’ workshop and talking about subjects close to my heart; bullying, depression, anxiety and living with Borderline Personality Disorder".

No comments:

Post a Comment