Thursday 14 June 2012

Campfires in Winter.....blazing a trail through Scottish music

Photo: Where's me dad? http://instagr.am/p/Lz9blYpeKm/So there I was lookin' for a bit of inspiration (waitin' for the Italy v Croatia game later) on todays blog 'cause the old creative juices were a bit dried up (hardly surprisin given that dried crap they feed me) when I decided to stick a few tunes on to give me a bit of momentum.  First up on the playlist was Campfires in Winter's 'Twelve Thousand Drops' (if me old man says one more time aboot the Proclaimers I'm nippin' his ankles) 'cause I've hardly had it off the jukebox these last two weeks since I was stuck here and everyone else was at Rockness (the bastards).                           
                                                                                  


So this little diatribe is by way of influencing you into listening to the guys or better still gettin off yer bahookies (never really sure how to spell that) and going to see them play live. They were at Bar Bloc last night and by all accounts played a cracking set (as usual me bein' a Jack Russell they wouldn't let me in, really must get meself one o them ghost reviewer thingys).



As you know I've got an attention span of 20 seconds and so avoid all the over analysing,  pop muso, uptheirownarse, post rock (what does that mean anyway) enthusing.  I like their music, it makes me happy and also sad 'cause the bouncers wont let me in to see them play live.  So you're not going to hear me say I love the guitar/bass combo with punchy almost anthemic vocals on 'Outside', it just makes my head nod, which is good!



And just to prove the guys aren't uptheirownarse either here's a wee snippet of them gettin' doon wi' their bad selfs.....
bustin' a move.....innit.....bangin'.....stuntin'.....booshalaka......
.....(run out o' street cred language).....



                         


So do yourself a favour, get in on the ground floor 'cause these guys are takin' the stairway to heaven (must stop lissenin' to Radio 1) .....me.....well the sun's out.....
Wayne Rooney's pish an' I'm practicin' to take his spot (c'mon Roy gimmie a call) and as for the pic on the left do your own caption this is a family blog.  
first
See you all later people.....I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500.....(damn my old man).....more.....jist to be the man who walks a 1000 miles to fall down at your dooooooooor. Bet you didn't know they were actually triplets.....

No comments:

Post a Comment