Tuesday 15 March 2016

Daniel Peterson

The Velvet Rope cover art

In order to try and keep Ralph's burgeoning International readership happy whilst maintining the UK unsigned integrity, we're featuring The Velvet Rope, a gem of a new single release by Daniel Peterson whose heritage is Antipodean but current location is London.

He's also recorded a debut album about the restoration of friendly relations; interestingly entitled, Welcome To My House Bumblebee

Much of the contents is the result of his work with the homeless in London through his current day job.





The Velvet Rope sees Daniel Peterson bring us a seemingly introspective view of life and love which is brimming with a musicality that endears the listener to his distinctive, plantive vocal. 

It soars gently from verse to verse, using The Velvet Rope to pull us in and feel first hand his chagrin.

If I was going to draw a comparison it would be to the emotion John Frusciante has brought to his music since leaving the Chilli Peppers.

It's eminently radio friendly and needless to say Daniel Peterson will be getting a spin on Ralph's Indie Show on Radio KC very soon.






The Velvet Rope

Feel I've been whistling in the dark 
But I'm not ready to walk on. 
One thing without a question mark, 
That I come back to when you're gone: 

Behind the velvet rope 
That you pull in front of me, 
From the first to the finest detail, 
You won't find a better place to be. 

The coldest front hiding the glow 
doesn't fool me, but I'm still lost. 
The only thing I fully know 
That's on my mind the most: 

Behind the velvet rope 
That you pull in front of me, 
From the first to the finest detail, 
You won't find a better place to be. 

You know I'll wait for you, 
That slow is good for me too. 
But how long is long enough, 
To work it out? 

Behind the velvet rope 
That you pull in front of me, 
From the first to the finest detail, 
You won't find a better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment