Wednesday 20 June 2012

Everythings Getting Older.....Scottish Album of the Year



So..... as everyone will know by now the Scottish Album of the Year is the Bill Wells and Aiden Murphy  collaboration 'Everything's Getting Older' triumphing (I'm not bitter, honest) over my pick 'Diamond Mine' by King Creosote and Jon Hopkins


 The final ceremony took place in Glasgow last night, with Bill Wells and Aidan Moffat scooping the prize money for their combined effort 'Everything's Getting Older' the pair were a popular choice for the award and the album has been lauded since it's release last year.






Accepting the award Aidan Moffat said: “It’s fantastic. I still can’t quite believe it. Obviously we’re very, very happy. It was a great shortlist. The Scottish Album of the Year Award is all about is introducing people to a wide variety of different types music - the award is very, very important from an industry point of view too and we hope there are many more of them.”
Bill Wells (left) and Aidan Moffat receive the award from culture secretary Fiona Hyslop. Picture: Dominic Cocozza/Material UK/PA WireAdding to this, Bill Wells commented: “We’re extremely chuffed, it’s been a fantastic night and it’s a tremendous honour.”


Here's an exclusive (ok ok it was in the Scotsman) picture of the guys receiving the wonga from Fiona Hyslop and I heard Aiden commenting (ok ok it was on my Twitter) that he thought the pic was hilarious.  Probably because he can't work out Bill's intentions towards Fiona Hyslop.




Inner EarNow I took the liberty of watching the Awards through the miracle that is live streaming courtesy of those lovely people at Inner Ear and it must be said they did a cracking job.  Any up and coming band could do worse than checking out these guys.  


Given the musical talent that's abounding in Scotland currently I'll be looking for bigger and better things for next years show.  Holy Esque played a storming set, highlight of the night for me although Miaoux Miaoux came an extremely close second!


Can't wait for the SAY Awards show to
start.....managed to plug an HDML cable
thingy in to me jukebox so I can watch
it on ma big 42 incher.....oooooerrrrrrrr.


Out of the goodness of my heart I've stuck
a bit of holy Esque and Miaoux Miaoux on
under here, don't be surprised if they're in
the running in next years shortlist along
with Admiral Fallow, oh and probably
Olympic Swimmers but then again what
do I know my pick was the wonderful
Diamond Mine.  Still being a Jack Russell
with a 20 second attention span I'll be
taking credit for Everything's Getting Older.


No comments:

Post a Comment